Wemyss Bay Gala Weekend 2010!
Thu: Ladies Night | Fri: 80's Disco | Sat: Gala Day | Sun: AFD Day
As it is the 21st birthday of the Community Centre, the Community Association have decided to celebrate in a big way!
There will be an 80's disco on Friday night and, in
partnership with Pearsons Garage of Wemyss Bay, there will be a Grand Raffle for a brand new
Suzuki Alto 1.0, 5dr car!
As always the Community Assocation require a lot of help from villagers to make the Gala weekend a great success. If you wish to help out in any way please contact a
member of the Community Association or call Ann Marie on 01475 522998.
Tickets can be obtained from the Box office at the Community Centre at the following times:
- Friday 28th May – 6pm to 8pm.
- Saturday 29th May – 10am to 12noon.
- Ladies Pamper night (Thursday): £2 each (over 18's only).
- 80's Family Disco (Friday): £5 adult, £3 child (2-16 yrs), under 2's free.
- Car raffle: £5. Suzuki Alto 1.0, 5dr!
Note that only 3,000 raffle tickets have been printed for the car raffle.
The car comes with 3 years' warranty, 3 years' servicing and 3 years' road tax. A prize worth in excess of £8000 and all that for a fiver!
Tickets for the car raffle are also available from committee members or can be purchased at the following locations:
Pearson Garage, Seaview Café, Remix Hairdressing Gourock, JB Spence pharmacy.
Tickets for all events can also be obtained from Bobbie.
For more information on the Gala weekend call Ann Marie on 01475 522998.
Thursday 10th June - Ladies Pamper Night
7.30pm - 10.30pm
- Bite-size beauty treatments from £5.
- Massage, nails, Body Shop and cocktails. Spot prizes.
- Over 18's only. Licensed event.
- Enjoy an evening out with the girls!
- Tickets £2 available from Bobbie.
Friday 11th June - 80's Disco!
7pm - 10.30pm in the Marquee
To celebrate the 21st birthday of the
Community Centre, there will be a 80's family disco in the Marquee on Friday evening.
- DJ John Scott.
- Licenced bar.
- Fancy dress optional!
Saturday 12th June - Gala Day!
12noon to 6.30pm!
There will be many activities, events and stalls at the Gala Day. Entry is free, so come along and enjoy a day out with the family.
Activities, events and stalls will include:
- The Grand Opening! The Gala will begin at 12noon with the Grand Opening of the Gala followed by
the crowning of the Gala King and Queen.
- Music and entertainment will be provided throughout the day by John Smith from Real Radio.
- Craft fair - for the first time there will be a craft fair on the Saturday featuring the work of local designer makers. Handmade soaps, jewellery, cards, personalised gifts, and many more. Contact Bobbie for details.
- Wemyss Bay's Got Talent (at 4pm) - singing, dancing, comedy, whatever talent you have, this is your opportunity to perform! Application forms available from the Spar Shop in Wemyss Bay and from Wemyss Bay Primary School from 1st - 31st May. For more information please contact Lynsey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cash prizes to be won.
- Tea room and cake & candy stall - inside the Community Centre, run by the Guides.
- Coconut shy and either Balls in a bucket or Play your cards right, also run by the Guides.
- Scottish Country Dancing in the main tent by both the Brownies and Guides. Both teams won their competitions at the Inverclyde Music Festival this year.
- Beat the Keeper - run by Bible Club and Youth Group. £1 for 3 shots! How many will you score?
- Hotdog and Burger Stall - the Youth Club is running its world (well, Wemyss Bay) famous Hotdog and Burger Stall. Both will cost only £1.50 and, as they have sold out every year so far, get yours early! The stall will also be selling 50p mixtures so, for quality sweets, visit the Youth Club stall.
- Bouncy castle.
- Emergency services vehicles.
- Licensed bar.
- Car Raffle - tickets (£5) for Suzuki Alto 1.0 5dr
available throughout the Gala Day.
Sunday 13th June - AFD Gala Day
11am to 3pm - Prizegiving and Events
Ardgowan Football Development's Annual Gala Day will take place on Sunday 13th June. This is Ardgowans 9th Gala and preparations are also being made for a special 10 year celebration next year.
Timetable for the day:
- 11:00 Kids meet at Community Centre
- 11:15 AFD Parade
- 11:30 Coaching Sessions
- 12:30 Presentation of Certificates & Trophies
- 13:30 Buffet & Refreshments
- 15:00 Close
Keep an eye on the Ardgowan Football Development web site as well for further information.